We're back! And this time we are getting busy in the kitchen.
It's no secret that our favorite thing to do is eat. Our favorite past time is literally getting together and going out to eat. But with all this eating comes the need for balance. A balance between living a healthy lifestyle while still being able to indulge every now and then.
While we secretly wish we had some divine power or secret potion that allowed us to eat all the fried chicken, bacon, pizza, cake, and ice cream that we could devour without facing the effects it would have on our bodies. We realize the importance of eating healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. So we are putting down our hot wings and french fries and opting for healthier alternatives.
The biggest challenge we have as entrepreneurial women on the move is finding the time to plan out meals and cook healthier selections. So we've teamed up with one of our favorite girl bosses, Chef Christan Willis, to show us how to make a quick, easy, and healthy meal.
This Strawberry salad and balsamic glazed chicken was absolutely delicious and was done in minutes. Check out our cooking skills and this yummy recipe below.
Strawberry Salad and Balsamic Glazed Chicken Recipe
4 Chicken Breasts or 4 Legs
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
Brown Sugar Balsamic Glaze
1 Cup Balsamic
2 TBL Garlic Paste
1 tbsp chopped shallots
3/4 cup chicken stock/broth
1 cup low sodium soy
2 cups brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat a pan on med high to high heat with your butter and olive oil.
3. Generously salt and pepper your chicken. Brown the skin of your chicken in the pan for about 2-4 mins on each side until it’s crisp and golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken and place on sheet tray with foil.
5. In a medium pot add chicken stock/broth
6. Add in the soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Simmer the sauce on low heat for about 5-10 mins until thick
7. Bake chicken for 15-20 mins.
8.Pour glaze on chicken